The Top Tier Evidence initiative seeks nominations of interventions for the Top Tier or Near Top Tier in all areas of social policy. What follows is brief guidance on nominating an intervention.
Before submitting a nomination, please read the following two items to make sure the intervention is an appropriate candidate for either the Top Tier or Near Top Tier:
- Summary of the Top Tier Solicitation/Review Process. Please pay particular attention to items 2 and 3 (i.e., the evidence standards and related guidance); and
- Illustrative examples of Top Tier interventions, which provide a general sense of the types of effects we are looking for.
What: Nominations of social interventions as candidates for the Top Tier or Near Top Tier.
Who and When: Anyone may submit a nomination at any time. Our expert Advisory Panel, which makes the final decisions on which interventions to identify as Top Tier, meets twice per year.
How: To nominate an intervention for consideration, please send us:
- The name of the intervention;
- Your name, affiliation, and contact information; and
- The randomized controlled trial(s) – published or unpublished – that are the basis for your nomination. If you are aware of any other well-conducted randomized controlled trials of the intervention, we would appreciate your sending us a copy or citation as well.
It is not necessary to specify whether you are nominating the intervention for the Top Tier or Near Top Tier.
Electronic submissions of the full study reports are preferred, but if not possible, we will also accept hard copies or study citations. Please direct submissions as follows:
- By email to email@example.com, with “Top Tier Evidence initiative” in the subject line; or
- By mail to Coalition for Evidence-Based Policy, Top Tier Evidence initiative (attn: Kim Cassel), 1725 I Street NW, Suite 300, Washington DC 20006.
We will send you email confirmation of your submission, and we will keep you posted on its status.
Questions? If you have questions about the Top Tier Evidence initiative, including the submission process, please contact David Anderson, Vice President of the Coalition for Evidence-Based Policy, at email, (202) 239-1248.